Hindi translation of 'shrug'
shrug /ʃrʌɡ श्रग्/
Word forms: shrugs, shrugging, shrugged
intransitive verb, countable noun
If you shrug, you raise your shoulders to show that you are not interested in something or that you do not know or care about something. This movement is called a shrug.
नकारात्मक भाव से कंधे उचकाना,/स्कंध-कंपन mn
Anne shrugged, as if she didn't know.
'I suppose so,' said Mark with a shrug.
If you shrug something off, you treat it as not important or serious.
बेकार मानकर अलग हटा देना
He shrugged off the criticism.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'shrug'
Kate Hunt smiled pleasantly and said hello, but when she looked towards her husband I saw his quick shrug of incomprehension.BETTER THAN THIS (2002)
Zlotin pondered Whitlock's outburst for a moment then gave a shrug.Code Breaker
He glanced at Hank, who responded with a barely perceptible shrug.Final Resort
Trends of 'shrug'
View usage over:
'shrug' in Other Languages
- Arabic: يَهُزُّ كِتْفَيْه
- Brazilian Portuguese: encolher os ombros
- Chinese: 耸肩
- Croatian: slijegati ramenima
- Czech: pokrčit rameny krčit rameny
- Danish: trække på skuldrene
- Dutch: schouderophalen
- European Spanish: encogerse de hombros
- Finnish: kohauttaa olkapäitään
- French: hausser les épaules
- German: mit den Achseln zucken
- Greek: αψηφώ
- Italian: scrollare le spalle
- Japanese: 肩をすくめる
- Korean: 어깨를 으쓱하다
- Norwegian: trekke på skuldrene
- Polish: wzruszyć ramionami wzruszać ramionami
- Portuguese: encolher os ombros
- Romanian: a ridica din umeri
- Russian: пожимать плечами
- Spanish: encogerse de hombros
- Swedish: rycka
- Thai: ยักไหล่เพื่อแสดงความไม่สนใจหรือไม่ทราบ
- Turkish: omuz silkmek
- Ukrainian: знизувати плечима знизати плечима
- Vietnamese: nhún vai
Translation of shrug from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary