Hindi translation of 'significant'
significant /sɪɡˈnɪfɪkənt सिगˈनिफ़िकन्ट्/
A significant amount of something is large enough to be important or noticeable.
a significant amount/proportion/difference/improvement
a significant change/increase/effect/factor
a significant number of people/things
SIMILAR WORDSimportant, large
महत्वपूर्ण रूप से
सार्थक रूप से
Cars can be made significantly more fuel-efficient.
A significant action or gesture is intended to have a special meaning.
Mrs Brown gave Rosie a significant glance.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'significant'
Briefly he wondered if the placing weren't haphazard but subconsciously significant.The Quest for K
There was a moment of anticipation as the crowd waited, but the rain was a significant deterrent.TREASON KEEP (2001)
Even Sherlock Homes would have been hard put to glean anything significant from the scene.CASCADES - THE DAY OF THE DEAD (2001)
Trends of 'significant'
View usage over:
'significant' in Other Languages
- Arabic: هامّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: significante
- Chinese: 相当大的
- Croatian: značajan značajna
- Czech: významný
- Danish: vigtig
- Dutch: aanzienlijk
- European Spanish: significativo significativa
- Finnish: merkittävä
- French: significatif
- German: bedeutsam
- Greek: βαρυσήμαντος βαρυσήμαντη
- Italian: significativo significativa
- Japanese: 重要な
- Korean: 중요한
- Norwegian: viktig
- Polish: znaczący znacząca
- Portuguese: significante
- Romanian: semnificativ semnificativ, semnificativă, semnificativi, semnificative
- Russian: значительный значительная
- Spanish: significativo significativa
- Swedish: betydelsefull betydelsefullt
- Thai: ซึ่งสำคัญ
- Turkish: önemli
- Ukrainian: вагомий
- Vietnamese: rất quan trọng
Translation of significant from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary