Hindi translation of 'smug'
smug /smʌɡ स्मग्/
If you say that someone is smug, you are criticizing the fact they seem very pleased with how good, clever, or fortunate they are.
The Major smiled smugly and sat down.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'smug'
It was the expression on Cassie's face that got to Sophie: a smug , self-satisfied look.The Image of Laura
Banks was abrupt with him, resenting the kind of smug arrogance that the smirk implied.AFTERMATH (2001)
Trends of 'smug'
View usage over:
'smug' in Other Languages
- Arabic: راضٍ عَنْ نَفْسِهِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: convencido convencida
- Chinese: 自鸣得意的
- Croatian: samodopadan samodopadna
- Czech: samolibý
- Danish: selvtilfreds
- Dutch: zelfvoldaan
- European Spanish: petulante
- Finnish: omahyväinen
- French: suffisant
- German: selbstgefällig
- Greek: αυτάρεσκος αυτάρεσκη
- Italian: compiaciuto compiaciuta
- Japanese: 一人よがりの
- Korean: 잘난 체하는
- Norwegian: selvtilfreds
- Polish: zadowolony z siebie zadowolona z siebie
- Portuguese: convencido convencida
- Romanian: îngâmfat îngâmfat, îngâmfată, îngâmfați, îngâmfate
- Russian: самодовольный самодовольная
- Spanish: petulante
- Swedish: självbelåten självbelåtet
- Thai: สบายใจ
- Turkish: kendinden memnun
- Ukrainian: самовдоволений
- Vietnamese: tự mãn
Translation of smug from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary