Hindi translation of 'smuggle'
smuggle /ˈsmʌɡəl ˈस्मगल्/
Word forms: smuggles, smuggling, smuggled
If someone smuggles things or people into a place or out of it, they take them there illegally or secretly.
He smuggled papers out each day and photocopied them.
Oskar Schindler smuggled hundreds of Jews to safety during World War II.
smugglerWord forms: smugglers countable noun
smuggling uncountable noun
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'smuggle'
Way out there in the darkness, men fish and smuggle , with the swoop and shadow of seagulls in their wake.SEA MUSIC (2003)
Difficult to smuggle the transceiver aboard, equally difficult to get rid of the cardiac unit that was inside the box.San Andreas
Trends of 'smuggle'
View usage over:
'smuggle' in Other Languages
- Arabic: يُهَرِّبُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: contrabandear
- Chinese: 走私
- Croatian: krijumčariti
- Czech: pašovat propašovat
- Danish: smugle
- Dutch: smokkelen
- European Spanish: pasar de contrabando
- Finnish: salakuljettaa
- French: faire de la contrebande
- German: schmuggeln
- Greek: κάνω λαθρεμπόριο
- Italian: contrabbandare
- Japanese: 密輸する
- Korean: 밀수입하다
- Norwegian: smugle
- Polish: przemycić przemycać
- Portuguese: contrabandear
- Romanian: a aduce pe furiș
- Russian: провозить контрабандой
- Spanish: pasar de contrabando
- Swedish: smuggla
- Thai: ลักลอบนำเข้า
- Turkish: kaçakçılık yapmak
- Ukrainian: провозити контрабандою
- Vietnamese: buôn lậu
Translation of smuggle from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary