Hindi translation of 'snare'
snare /sneə स्नेअ/
Word forms: snares, snaring, snared
1. transitive verb, countable noun
To snare a bird or animal means to catch it using a trap, which is called a snare.
जाल में फँसाना/जाल mn फंदा , mn
2. transitive verb
If someone snares something, they get it by using cleverness and cunning.
Most of all I want to snare a husband.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'snare'
Mama showed them how to snare rabbits, a skill she had used to snare rats in the city.A Plague of Angels
It came down in a solid sheet of water with the noise of a snare drum crescendo.INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2002)
Trends of 'snare'
View usage over:
'snare' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: pegar um animal com armadilha
- Chinese: > 用网捕捉捕捉鸟或小动物的
- European Spanish: cazar con trampa
- French: prendre au piège
- German: fangen
- Italian: prendere in trappola
- Japanese: わなにかける
- Korean: 덫을 놓아 잡다
- Portuguese: apanhar um animal com uma armadilha
- Spanish: cazar con trampa
Translation of snare from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary