Hindi translation of 'spire'
spire /spaɪə स्पाइअ/
Word forms: spires
The spire of a church is a tall cone-shaped structure on top of a tower.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'spire'
She pointed to where an `onion" spire surmounted the little church.Challenge for the Chalet School
His straight arms came to a point above him, like the spire of a cathedral.The Broken God
Out on the freestanding spire , a ramp ran some thirty feet up the side to an open doorway.A Time of War
Trends of 'spire'
View usage over:
'spire' in Other Languages
- Arabic: قِمَّةٌ مُسْتَدِقَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: coruchéu igreja
- Chinese: 尖顶
- Croatian: toranj
- Czech: věž špička
- Danish: spir
- Dutch: torenspits
- European Spanish: aguja chapitel
- Finnish: terävähuippuinen torni
- French: flèche église
- German: Turmspitze
- Greek: σπείρα
- Italian: guglia
- Japanese: 尖塔
- Korean: 뾰족탑
- Norwegian: spir
- Polish: iglica
- Portuguese: torre igreja
- Romanian: clopotniță clopotnițe
- Russian: шпиль
- Spanish: aguja arquitectura
- Swedish: spira
- Thai: สิ่งก่อสร้างสูงรูปกรวยที่เป็นส่วนหนึ่งของโบถส์
- Turkish: kilise kulesinin sivri tepesi
- Ukrainian: шпиль
- Vietnamese: ngọn tháp
Translation of spire from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary