Hindi translation of splendid
splendidPowered by COBUILD /ˈsplendɪd ˈस्प्लेन्डिड्/
Definitions and Translations
If you say that something is splendid, you mean that it is very good. [old-fashioned]शानदार ⇒ What a splendid idea!
Derived formssplendidly adverbशानदार तरीके से ⇒ We played splendidly.
If you describe a building or work of art as splendid, you mean that it is beautiful and impressive.भव्यशानदार ⇒ ...a splendid Victorian museum.
Derived formssplendidly adverbबहुत अच्छी तरह से ⇒ Nigel's book is splendidly illustrated.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'splendid'
She treated him to a splendid display of transatlantic dentistry.The Quest for K
It was probably true that every front door would open into a household splendid with the latest consumer durables.Moondrop to Murder
She was only hoping, as was Kenworthy, that splendid , ordinary people had not lost their heads.Moondrop to Murder
Trends of 'splendid'
View usage over:
'splendid' in Other Languages
- Arabic: رَائِع
- Brazilian Portuguese: esplêndido esplêndida
- Chinese: 壮丽的
- Croatian: sjajan
- Czech: úžasný
- Danish: storartet
- Dutch: schitterend
- European Spanish: espléndido espléndida
- Finnish: loistava
- French: splendide
- German: großartig
- Greek: εκθαμβωτικός εκθαμβωτική
- Italian: splendido splendida
- Japanese: すばらしい
- Korean: 화려한
- Norwegian: glimrende
- Polish: wspaniały wspaniała
- Portuguese: esplêndido esplêndida
- Romanian: splendid splendid, splendidă, splendizi, splendide
- Russian: великолепный великолепная
- Spanish: espléndido espléndida
- Swedish: storartad storartat
- Thai: ยอดเยี่ยม
- Turkish: görkemli
- Ukrainian: чудовий
- Vietnamese: rất hay
Translation of splendid from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary