Hindi translation of 'strained'
strained /streɪnd स्ट्रेइण्ड्/
If someone's appearance, voice, or behaviour is strained, they seem worried and nervous.
His laughter seemed a little strained.
If relations between people are strained, their relationship has become difficult because they no longer like or trust each other.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'strained'
Tomlinson was now sitting at a sort of strained attention.Stone City
I tightened the grip on his neck, turned the wrist and put real backward pressure on the strained elbow joint.Whistler in the Dark
He strained , damning the cold trickles of water invading his mask.Cormorant
Trends of 'strained'
View usage over:
'strained' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَشْدود
- Brazilian Portuguese: tenso tensa
- Chinese: 紧张的
- Croatian: usiljen
- Czech: nepřirozený chování
- Danish: anspændt
- Dutch: gespannen
- European Spanish: tenso tensacrispado
- Finnish: väkinäinen
- French: tendu
- German: angespannt nervös
- Greek: καταπονημένος καταπονημένη
- Italian: teso tesa
- Japanese: 不自然な
- Korean: 강요된
- Norwegian: anstrengt
- Polish: napięty napiętazestresowany
- Portuguese: tenso tensa
- Romanian: forțat forțat, forțată, forțați, forțate
- Russian: растянутый растянутая
- Spanish: tenso tensaansioso
- Swedish: ansträngd ansträngt
- Thai: ตึงเครียด
- Turkish: zorlama
- Ukrainian: напружений
- Vietnamese: gượng ép
Translation of strained from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary