Hindi translation of 'successor'
successor /səkˈsesə सकˈसेसअ/
Word forms: successors
Someone's successor is the person who takes their job after they have left.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'successor'
After lunch she was gone and Simon was in the throes of recruiting her successor.The Image of Laura
And I doubt if my successor would do more than put you out to grass in the Registry or some other dull corner.A Matter of Conscience
On his death, his eldest son succeeded him, then died suddenly from smallpox, leaving as his successor a two-year-old son.Tank of Serpents
Trends of 'successor'
View usage over:
'successor' in Other Languages
- Arabic: خَلَف
- Brazilian Portuguese: sucessor sucessora
- Chinese: 接任者
- Croatian: nasljednik nasljednica
- Czech: nástupce nástupkyně
- Danish: efterfølger
- Dutch: opvolger
- European Spanish: sucesor sucesora
- Finnish: seuraaja
- French: successeur
- German: Nachfolger Nachfolgerin
- Greek: διάδοχος
- Italian: successore
- Japanese: 後継者
- Korean: 후계자
- Norwegian: etterfølger
- Polish: następca następczyni
- Portuguese: sucessor sucessora
- Romanian: succesor succesori
- Russian: преемник преемница
- Spanish: sucesor sucesora
- Swedish: efterträdare
- Thai: ผู้สืบตำแหน่ง
- Turkish: halef
- Ukrainian: наступник
- Vietnamese: người kế vị
Translation of successor from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary