Hindi translation of 'sudden'
sudden /ˈsʌdən ˈसडन्/
Something that is sudden happens quickly and unexpectedly.
...the sudden death of her father.
...David's account of why he suddenly left London.
suddenness uncountable noun
तेज़ गति nf
The enemy seemed stunned by the suddenness of the attack.
If something happens all of a sudden, it happens quickly and unexpectedly.
All of a sudden she fell silent.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'sudden'
He felt very young all of a sudden , not at all like the nearly adult Prince he was supposed to be.LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR (2001)
They would have left their homes in the morning with no expectation of sudden death.LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR (2001)
She felt the sudden opportunity that had been granted her slipping away.LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR (2001)
Trends of 'sudden'
View usage over:
'sudden' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُفَاجِئ
- Brazilian Portuguese: repentino repentina
- Chinese: 突然的
- Croatian: nagao nagla, naglo
- Czech: náhlý
- Danish: pludselig
- Dutch: plotseling
- European Spanish: repentino repentina
- Finnish: äkillinen
- French: soudain
- German: plötzlich
- Greek: ξαφνικός ξαφνική
- Italian: improvviso improvvisa
- Japanese: 突然の
- Korean: 갑작스러운
- Norwegian: plutselig
- Polish: nagły nagła
- Portuguese: repentino repentina
- Romanian: neașteptat neașteptat, neașteptată, neașteptați, neașteptate
- Russian: внезапный внезапная
- Spanish: repentino repentina
- Swedish: plötslig plötsligt
- Thai: ทันทีทันใด
- Turkish: ani
- Ukrainian: раптовий
- Vietnamese: bất ngờ
Translation of sudden from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary