Hindi translation of 'surprised'
surprised /səˈpraɪzd सअˈप्राइज़्ड्/
If you are surprised at something, you have a feeling of surprise, because it is unexpected or unusual.
She was surprised at what happened.
Charles was surprised to find the room empty.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'surprised'
He had been surprised to learn that most of Damin's Raiders spoke several languages.TREASON KEEP (2001)
I recognised him almost immediately, of course: somehow I wasn't at all surprised to see him there outside Charlotte's flat.THE EXECUTION (2002)
A heavier version of his older brother, Ciril did not look surprised at her inclusion.TREASON KEEP (2001)
Trends of 'surprised'
View usage over:
'surprised' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَدْهُوش
- Brazilian Portuguese: surpreso surpresa
- Chinese: 感到惊喜的
- Croatian: iznenađen iznenađena
- Czech: překvapený
- Danish: overrasket
- Dutch: verrast
- European Spanish: sorprendido sorprendida
- Finnish: hämmästynyt
- French: surpris
- German: überrascht
- Greek: έκπληκτος έκπληκτη
- Italian: sopreso sopresa
- Japanese: 驚いた
- Korean: 놀란
- Norwegian: overrasket
- Polish: zaskoczony zaskoczona
- Portuguese: surpreso surpresa
- Romanian: surprins surprins, surprinsă, surprinși, surprinse
- Russian: удивленный удивленная
- Spanish: sorprendido sorprendida
- Swedish: förvånad förvånat
- Thai: รู้สึกประหลาดใจ
- Turkish: şaşırmış
- Ukrainian: здивований
- Vietnamese: ngạc nhiên
Translation of surprised from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary