Hindi translation of 'sympathetic'
sympathetic /ˌsɪmpəˈθetɪk ˌसिम्पअˈथ़ेटिक्/
If you are sympathetic to someone who has had a misfortune, you are kind to them and show that you understand how they are feeling.
She was very sympathetic to the problems of students.
...a sympathetic friend.
She nodded sympathetically.
If you are sympathetic to a proposal or action, you approve of it and are willing to support it.
A number of senior members were sympathetic to the idea.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'sympathetic'
Christ, Alan, I bent over backward to be sympathetic toward her.AFTERMATH (2001)
An Indian woman who was receiving the same treatment gave Jeanne a sympathetic smile.Double Deceit
Hat Bowler checked out his colleague's pallor with less sympathetic eyes.CASCADES - THE DAY OF THE DEAD (2001)
Trends of 'sympathetic'
View usage over:
'sympathetic' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُتَعَاطِف
- Brazilian Portuguese: solidário solidária
- Chinese: 同情的
- Croatian: simpatetičan simpatetična
- Czech: chápající
- Danish: medfølende
- Dutch: sympathiek
- European Spanish: comprensivo comprensiva
- Finnish: myötätuntoinen
- French: compréhensif sympathique
- German: mitfühlend
- Greek: συμπονετικός συμπονετική
- Italian: comprensivo comprensiva
- Japanese: 同情的な
- Korean: 동정적인
- Norwegian: sympatisk
- Polish: pełen współczucia pełna współczucia
- Portuguese: solidário solidária
- Romanian: înțelegător înțelegător, înțelegătoare, înțelegători, înțelegătoare
- Russian: сочувствующий сочувствующая
- Spanish: comprensivo comprensiva
- Swedish: sympatisk sympatiskt
- Thai: เห็นอกเห็นใจ
- Turkish: anlayışlı
- Ukrainian: співчутливий
- Vietnamese: thông cảm
Translation of sympathetic from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary