Hindi translation of sympathetic
sympatheticPowered by COBUILD /ˌsɪmpəˈθetɪk ˌसिम्पअˈथ़ेटिक्/
Definitions and Translations
If you are sympathetic to someone who has had a misfortune, you are kind to them and show that you understand how they are feeling.हमदर्द ⇒ She was very sympathetic to the problems of students. ⇒ ...a sympathetic friend.
Derived formssympathetically adverbसहानुभूतिपूर्वक ⇒ She nodded sympathetically.
If you are sympathetic to a proposal or action, you approve of it and are willing to support it.सहमत होना ⇒ A number of senior members were sympathetic to the idea.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'sympathetic'
Christ, Alan, I bent over backward to be sympathetic toward her.AFTERMATH (2001)
An Indian woman who was receiving the same treatment gave Jeanne a sympathetic smile.Double Deceit
Hat Bowler checked out his colleague's pallor with less sympathetic eyes.CASCADES - THE DAY OF THE DEAD (2001)
Trends of 'sympathetic'
View usage over:
'sympathetic' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُتَعَاطِف
- Brazilian Portuguese: solidário solidária
- Chinese: 同情的
- Croatian: simpatetičan simpatetična
- Czech: chápající
- Danish: medfølende
- Dutch: sympathiek
- European Spanish: comprensivo comprensiva
- Finnish: myötätuntoinen
- French: compréhensif sympathique
- German: mitfühlend
- Greek: συμπονετικός συμπονετική
- Italian: comprensivo comprensiva
- Japanese: 同情的な
- Korean: 동정적인
- Norwegian: sympatisk
- Polish: pełen współczucia pełna współczucia
- Portuguese: solidário solidária
- Romanian: înțelegător înțelegător, înțelegătoare, înțelegători, înțelegătoare
- Russian: сочувствующий сочувствующая
- Spanish: comprensivo comprensiva
- Swedish: sympatisk sympatiskt
- Thai: เห็นอกเห็นใจ
- Turkish: anlayışlı
- Ukrainian: співчутливий
- Vietnamese: thông cảm
Translation of sympathetic from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary