Hindi translation of tactful
tactfulPowered by COBUILD /ˈtæktfʊl ˈटैक्ट्फ़ुल्/
Definitions and Translations
If you describe someone as tactful, you approve of them because they are careful not to say or do anything that would offend or upset other people.व्यवहार-कुशलव्यावहारिक ⇒ Sometimes it's more tactful not to ask for the truth.
Derived formstactfully adverbव्यावहारिक रूप से ⇒ Tactfully, she turned away as I changed my clothes.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'tactful'
On second thought, maybe smoke rising from a chimney wasn't the most tactful note on which to greet visitors to a funeral home.No Body
He was looking at her, trying to work out the kindest, most tactful way to begin.TEN STEPS TO HAPPINESS (2003)
She didn't say the word deathbed, remembering at the last minute that it would hardly be tactful.PROSPECT HILL (2003)
Trends of 'tactful'
View usage over:
'tactful' in Other Languages
- Arabic: لَبِق
- Brazilian Portuguese: diplomático diplomática
- Chinese: 机智的
- Croatian: taktičan taktična
- Czech: taktní
- Danish: taktfuld
- Dutch: tactvol
- European Spanish: diplomático diplomática
- Finnish: tahdikas
- French: délicat
- German: taktvoll
- Greek: διακριτικός διακριτική
- Italian: avveduto avveduta
- Japanese: 機転のきく
- Korean: 재치 있는
- Norwegian: taktfull
- Polish: taktowny taktowna
- Portuguese: diplomático diplomática
- Romanian: diplomat diplomat, diplomată, diplomați, diplomate
- Russian: тактичный тактичная
- Spanish: diplomático diplomática
- Swedish: taktfull taktfullt
- Thai: มีไหวพริบดี
- Turkish: incelikli
- Ukrainian: тактовний
- Vietnamese: tế nhị
Translation of tactful from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary