Hindi translation of 'thirsty'
thirsty /ˈθɜːsti ˈथ़अस्टी/
Word forms: thirstier, thirstiest
If you are thirsty, you feel a need to drink something.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'thirsty'
They towed me to Tamanrasset which was a real enough experience and saved me from a thirsty death.INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2002)
Great trees passed by like ghosts, thrusting their twisted thirsty roots through the mist down into the water.THE LORD OF THE RINGS (2004)
His neck was stiff from the awkwardness of his position, and he was very thirsty.THE GREENSTONE GRAIL: The Sangreal Trilogy One (2004)
Trends of 'thirsty'
View usage over:
'thirsty' in Other Languages
- Arabic: ظَمْآن
- Brazilian Portuguese: com sede
- Chinese: 渴的
- Croatian: žedan žedna
- Czech: žíznivý
- Danish: tørstig
- Dutch: dorstig
- European Spanish: sediento sedienta
- Finnish: janoinen
- French: assoiffé
- German: durstig
- Greek: διψασμένος διψασμένη
- Italian: assetato assetata
- Japanese: のどが渇いた
- Korean: 목마른
- Norwegian: tørst
- Polish: spragniony spragniona
- Portuguese: com sede
- Romanian: însetat însetat, însetată, însetați, însetate
- Russian: испытывающий жажду испытывающая жажду
- Spanish: sediento sedienta
- Swedish: törstig törstigt
- Thai: ที่กระหายน้ำ
- Turkish: susuz
- Ukrainian: спраглий
- Vietnamese: khát
Translation of thirsty from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary