Hindi translation of 'thud'
thud /θʌd थ़ड्/
Word forms: thuds, thudding, thudded
countable noun, intransitive verb
A thud is a dull sound, usually made by a solid, heavy object hitting something soft. If something thuds somewhere, it makes this sound as it hits it.
धप की आवाज़ nf/धप की आवाज़ करना
She tripped and fell with a sickening thud.
She ran up the stairs, her bare feet thudding on the wood.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'thud'
Blood jumped immediately, a fat spurt that hit the wall with a wet thud.THE HELLBOUND HEART (2001)
Feet sounded on the deck, the thud of a heavy rope against the hull, the blare of a siren.High Stand
My fortieth birthday for starters --- the very thought made my heart thud.RESCUING ROSE (2002)
Trends of 'thud'
View usage over:
'thud' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: fazer um ruído seco
- Chinese: 砰的一声掉下
- European Spanish: golpear fuertemente
- French: faire un bruit sourdN
- German: dumpf aufschlagen
- Italian: fare un rumore sordo
- Japanese: ドスンという音を立てる
- Korean: >퍽무거운 물건이 떨어지는 둔탁한 소리
- Portuguese: fazer um ruído seco
- Spanish: golpear fuertemente
Translation of thud from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary