Hindi translation of 'tutor'
tutor /ˈtjuːtə, Am ˈtuːt- ˈट्यूटअ Am ˈटूट्-/
Word forms: tutors, tutoring, tutored
1. countable noun
A tutor is a teacher at a British university or college.
ब्रिटिश विश्वविद्यालय का शिक्षक mn
a tutor in something
a course tutor
a tutor group
SIMILAR WORDSteacher, lecturer
2. countable noun
A tutor is someone who gives private lessons to a pupil or a small group of pupils.
ट्यूशन पढ़ाने वाला व्यक्ति mn
3. transitive verb
If someone tutors a person or subject, they teach that person or subject.
कोई विषय पढ़ाना
She was tutored at home by her parents.
He still tutors medical students in anatomy.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'tutor'
The outcome was that Lady Crompton suggested that the boys share the tutor who was to come to the Grange.The Black Opal
Nor did he visit his tutor , nor take meals with his friends.The Broken God
The children, the governess and the tutor were ahead of them.The Ambassador's Women
Trends of 'tutor'
View usage over:
'tutor' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُدَرِّس
- Brazilian Portuguese: professor professora
- Chinese: 家庭教师
- Croatian: učitelj
- Czech: lektor lektorkauniverzitní
- Danish: vejleder
- Dutch: privéleraar
- European Spanish: tutor tutora
- Finnish: yksityisopettaja
- French: tuteur
- German: Privatlehrer Privatlehrerin
- Greek: προγυμναστής
- Italian: insegnante privato insegnante privata
- Japanese: 個別指導教官
- Korean: 가정교사
- Norwegian: veileder
- Polish: nauczyciel nauczycielka
- Portuguese: professor professora
- Romanian: îndrumător îndrumători
- Russian: наставник наставница
- Spanish: tutor tutora
- Swedish: privatlärare
- Thai: ครูสอนพิเศษ
- Turkish: eğitmen ders
- Ukrainian: викладач
- Vietnamese: giáo viên phụ đạo
Translation of tutor from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary