Hindi translation of 'underlie'
underlie /ˌʌndəˈlaɪ ˌअन्डअˈलाइ/
Word forms: underlies, underlying, underlay, underlain
If something underlies a feeling or situation, it is the cause or basis of it.
मूल में होना
Try to figure out what underlies your anger.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'underlie'
These predispositions may find unique expression in each individual, yet they underlie and guide human existence.Somewhere East of Life
Biggs said in an airy way, though snappiness seemed to underlie his tone.Death in Purple Prose
Trends of 'underlie'
View usage over:
'underlie' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: ser a base de
- Chinese: 是…的原因
- European Spanish: ser la razón fundamental de
- French: être à la base deN
- German: zugrunde liegen
- Italian: essere alla base di
- Japanese: 根底にある
- Korean: 감정 등의 근거가 되다
- Portuguese: ser a base de
- Spanish: ser la razón fundamental de
Translation of underlie from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary