Hindi translation of 'unlucky'
unlucky /ʌnˈlʌki अनˈलकी/
Word forms: unluckier, unluckiest
If you are unlucky, you have bad luck.
They were unlucky not to reach the World Cup Final.
Unlucky is used to describe something that is thought to cause bad luck.
The number four is considered unlucky by the Chinese.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'unlucky'
Gertie thought it might be unlucky to turn one away, however wicked they are.The Black Opal
Married twice, she often joked, `Third time, unlucky again.Cover Story
All the same, in the circumstances getting rid of the car was an unlucky thing to do.Murder Moves In
Trends of 'unlucky'
View usage over:
'unlucky' in Other Languages
- Arabic: غَيْرُ مَحْظُوظ
- Brazilian Portuguese: azarado azarada
- Chinese: 不幸的
- Croatian: nesretan
- Czech: nešťastný smolařský
- Danish: uheldig
- Dutch: ongelukkig
- European Spanish: desafortunado desafortunada
- Finnish: huono-onninen
- French: malchanceux
- German: Pech haben
- Greek: άτυχος άτυχη
- Italian: sfortunato sfortunata
- Japanese: 運の悪い
- Korean: 불운한
- Norwegian: uheldig
- Polish: pechowy pechowa
- Portuguese: azarado azarada
- Romanian: ghinionist ghinionistă, ghinioniști, ghinioniste
- Russian: неудачный неудачная
- Spanish: desafortunado desafortunada
- Swedish: oturlig oturligt
- Thai: โชคร้าย
- Turkish: şanssız
- Ukrainian: нещасливий
- Vietnamese: không may mắn
Translation of unlucky from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary