Hindi translation of upset
upsetPowered by COBUILD
Word forms: upsets, upsetting, upsetverb and adjective /ʌpˈset अपˈसेट्/, noun /ˈʌpset ˈअप्सेट्/.
Definitions and Translations
If you are upset, you are unhappy or disappointed because something unpleasant has happened.
⇒ They are terribly upset by their parents' divorce.
2. transitive verb
If something upsets you, it makes you feel worried or unhappy.
⇒ I'm sorry if I've upset you.
Derived formsupsetting adjective
⇒ The whole experience was very upsetting.
3. transitive verb
If events upset something such as a procedure or a state of affairs, they cause it to go wrong.
⇒ Political problems could upset the peace process.
4. countable noun, adjective before noun
If you have a stomach upset, or if you have an upset stomach, you have a slight illness in your stomach caused by an infection or by something that you have eaten.
(पेट की) गड़बड़ी nf/गड़बड़
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'upset'
The stability of a Kingdom is a fragile thing, Lirael, and easily upset.LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR (2001)
I was just beginning to realize how much my accident had frightened and upset him.KICK BACK (2002)
I wasn't that upset by the night-time storms, which I slept through anyway.BLOOD IS DIRT (2002)
Trends of 'upset'
View usage over:
'upset' in Other Languages
- Arabic: قَلِق
- Brazilian Portuguese: aborrecido aborrecida
- Chinese: 生气的
- Croatian: uzrujan uzrujana
- Czech: rozčilený
- Danish: ulykkelig
- Dutch: verdrietig
- European Spanish: disgustado disgustada
- Finnish: järkyttynyt
- French: contrarié
- German: verstimmt Person
- Greek: στενοχωρημένος στενοχωρημένη
- Italian: turbato turbata
- Japanese: 狼狽した
- Korean: 기분이 상한
- Norwegian: opprørt
- Polish: zaniepokojony zaniepokojona
- Portuguese: aborrecido aborrecida
- Romanian: supărat supărată, supărați, supărate
- Russian: расстроенный расстроенная
- Spanish: disgustado disgustada
- Swedish: upprörd upprört
- Thai: สับสนวุ่นวาย
- Turkish: keyfi kaçık
- Ukrainian: засмучений
- Vietnamese: chán nản
- Arabic: يُقْلِقُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: aborrecer
- Chinese: 使心烦
- Croatian: uzrujati
- Czech: rozrušit rozrušovatrozčilit
- Danish: gøre ked af det
- Dutch: van streek maken
- European Spanish: disgustar
- Finnish: kaataa nurin
- French: contrarier
- German: umwerfen
- Greek: στενοχωρώ
- Italian: turbare
- Japanese: ひっくり返す
- Korean: 속상하게 만들다
- Norwegian: forstyrre
- Polish: zaniepokoić niepokoić
- Portuguese: aborrecer
- Romanian: a supăra
- Russian: переворачивать
- Spanish: disgustar
- Swedish: göra upprörd
- Thai: ทำให้อารมณ์เสีย
- Turkish: keyfini kaçırmak
- Ukrainian: засмучувати засмутити
- Vietnamese: làm cho chán nản
Translation of upset from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary