Hindi translation of 'volunteer'
volunteer /ˌvɒlənˈtɪə ˌव़ॉलनˈटिअ/
Word forms: volunteers, volunteering, volunteered
1. countable noun
A volunteer is someone who does work without being paid for it, especially for an organization such as a charity.
She now helps in a local school as a volunteer.
a trained/unpaid/dedicated/community volunteer
a volunteer firefighter/helper/organization
2. countable noun
A volunteer is someone who offers to do a particular task without being forced to do it.
Thirty-five volunteers are necessary to make the project a success.
3. countable noun
A volunteer is someone who chooses to join the armed forces, especially in wartime, as opposed to someone who is forced to join by law.
स्वैच्छिक सैनिक mn
4. transitive or intransitive verb
If you volunteer to do something, you offer to do it without being forced to do it.
अपनी सेवा देने का प्रस्ताव रखना/किसी काम का प्रस्ताव देना
Mary volunteered to clean up the kitchen.
He volunteered for overseas service.
volunteer for/as something
volunteer for a task/job/assignment
volunteer to help/join something
volunteer one's services
5. transitive verb
If you volunteer information, you tell someone something without being asked.[formal]
अपनी इच्छा से कुछ बताना
No one volunteered any further information.
'Where's the kid?' Lucas asked. — 'I'll get him,' Jones volunteered.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'volunteer'
I didn't like leaving the Seagull Project minus their new volunteer.DEAD BEAT (2002)
I silently vowed I would volunteer to blockade the base single-handed rather than risk that job.C B Greenfield - A Little Madness
She returned to her clubs, attended concerts regularly and worked as a volunteer fund raiser.Dansville
Trends of 'volunteer'
View usage over:
'volunteer' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مُتَطَوِّع
- Brazilian Portuguese: voluntário voluntária
- Chinese: 志愿者
- Croatian: volonter
- Czech: dobrovolník dobrovolnice
- Danish: frivillig
- Dutch: vrijwilliger
- European Spanish: voluntario voluntaria
- Finnish: vapaaehtoinen
- French: bénévole
- German: Freiwilliger Freiwillige
- Greek: εθελοντής εθελόντρια
- Italian: volontario volontaria
- Japanese: 志願者
- Korean: 자원 봉사자
- Norwegian: frivillig
- Polish: ochotnik
- Portuguese: voluntário voluntária
- Romanian: voluntar voluntari
- Russian: доброволец
- Spanish: voluntario voluntaria
- Swedish: frivillig
- Thai: อาสาสมัคร
- Turkish: gönüllü olmak
- Ukrainian: волонтер волонтерка
- Vietnamese: tình nguyện viên
- Arabic: يَتَطَوَّعُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: voluntariar-se
- Chinese: 自愿
- Croatian: volontirati
- Czech: nabídnout nabízetposkytnout pomoc
- Danish: melde sig frivilligt
- Dutch: zich vrijwillig aanmelden
- European Spanish: ofrecerse voluntariamente
- Finnish: ilmoittautua vapaaehtoiseksi
- French: se porter volontaire
- German: freiwillig tun
- Greek: προσφέρομαι εθελόντικά
- Italian: offrirsi volontario
- Japanese: 自発的に申し出る
- Korean: 자원하다
- Norwegian: påta seg frivillig
- Polish: zgłosić się na ochotnika zgłaszać się na ochotnika
- Portuguese: voluntariar-se
- Romanian: a se oferi voluntar
- Russian: вызываться добровольцем
- Spanish: ofrecerse voluntariamente
- Swedish: frivilligt anmäla sig
- Thai: เสนอตัวโดยสมัครใจ
- Turkish: gönüllü
- Ukrainian: працювати волонтером
- Vietnamese: tình nguyện
Translation of volunteer from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary