Hindi translation of wage
wagePowered by COBUILD /weɪdʒ वेइज्/
Word forms: wages, waging, waged
Definitions and Translations
1. countable noun
Someone's wages are the amount of money that is regularly paid to them for the work that they do.
⇒ His wages have gone up.
⇒ earn/pay/raise/increase/cut wages ⇒ a wage rise/increase/cut ⇒ a low/high/basic/minimum wage ⇒ a wage demand/earner/packet
SIMILAR WORDSsalary, pay, earnings, income
2. transitive verbPay is a general word which you can use to refer to the money you get from your employer for doing your job. Manual workers are paid wages, or a wage. The plural is more common than the singular, especially when you are talking about the actual cash that someone receives. Every week he handed all his wages in cash to his wife. Wages are usually paid, and quoted, as an hourly or a weekly sum. ...a starting wage of five dollars an hour. Professional people and office workers receive a salary, which is paid monthly. However, when talking about someone's salary, you usually give the annual figure. I'm paid a salary of £25,000 a year. Your income consists of all the money you receive from all sources, including your pay.
To wage a campaign or war means to start it and carry it on over a period of time.
(युद्ध या अभियान) छेड़ देना
⇒ Peter waged a 17-month legal battle to fight the move.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'wage'
On Friday morning I bumped into Jonathan, just after he'd received his first full wage packet.THE SCHEME FOR FULL EMPLOYMENT (2003)
In the time allowed, three people at minimum wage can operate one stand -- in the beginning.Roses are for the Rich
Sometimes the women worked in Mrs Macon's house, and she paid them a generous wage for the little they did.Dansville
Trends of 'wage'
View usage over:
'wage' in Other Languages
- Arabic: أَجْر
- Brazilian Portuguese: salário
- Chinese: 工资
- Croatian: plaća
- Czech: mzda
- Danish: løn
- Dutch: arbeidsloon
- European Spanish: sueldo
- Finnish: palkka yl. päivä- tai viikkopalkka
- French: salaire
- German: Lohn LöhneGehalt
- Greek: ημερομίσθιο
- Italian: stipendio
- Japanese: 賃金
- Korean: 임금
- Norwegian: lønnsutbetaling
- Polish: zarobek
- Portuguese: salário
- Romanian: salariu salarii
- Russian: зарплата
- Spanish: sueldo
- Swedish: lön
- Thai: ค่าจ้าง
- Turkish: ücret
- Ukrainian: заробітна плата
- Vietnamese: tiền lương
Translation of wage from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary