Hindi translation of 'windy'
windy /ˈwɪndi ˈविन्डी/
Word forms: windier, windiest
If it is windy, the wind is blowing a lot.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'windy'
It was raining and windy and already very dark when Charlie's driver drew up at the cemetery gates.TEN STEPS TO HAPPINESS (2003)
The man's face was turned towards the rock, out of the windy sleet.The Last Raven
A wild pine tree, completely foreign to the area, had struggled out a long life on a windy hill, its limbs nearly bare.Dansville
Trends of 'windy'
View usage over:
'windy' in Other Languages
- Arabic: شَدِيدُ الرِّيَاح
- Brazilian Portuguese: ventoso ventosa
- Chinese: 有风的
- Croatian: vjetrovit vjetrovita
- Czech: větrný
- Danish: blæsende
- Dutch: winderig
- European Spanish: ventoso ventosa
- Finnish: tuulinen
- French: venteux
- German: windig
- Greek: ανεμόδαρτος ανεμόδαρτη
- Italian: ventoso ventosa
- Japanese: 風の強い
- Korean: 바람이 센
- Norwegian: forblåst
- Polish: wietrzny wietrzna
- Portuguese: ventoso ventosa
- Romanian: vântos vântos, vântoasă, vântoși, vântoase
- Russian: ветреный ветреная
- Spanish: azotado por el viento azotada por el viento
- Swedish: blåsig blåsigt
- Thai: ซึ่งมีลมแรง
- Turkish: rüzgarlı
- Ukrainian: вітряний
- Vietnamese: lộng gió
Translation of windy from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary