Hindi translation of 'worker'
worker /ˈwɜːkə ˈवअकअ/
Word forms: workers
1. countable noun
Workers are people who are employed in industry or business and who are not managers.
workers earn/receive something
workers fear/suffer/lose/face something
a willing/skilled/unskilled worker
a railway/postal/construction/factory worker
a youth/charity/social/health/care worker
a blue-collar/white-collar/manual/clerical worker
a striking/full-time/part-time/temporary worker
a foreign/migrant/low-paid worker
a humanitarian/aid/rescue/emergency/relief worker
SIMILAR WORDSemployee, member of staff
2. countable noun
You can use worker to say how well or badly someone works.
मेहनती आदमी mn
He is a hard worker.
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'worker'
The notes on treatment were colour coded - yellow for the psychiatrist's, green for the social worker 's.Forests of the Night
He had the reputation of being a good honest cop and a hard worker.Murder Song
The police were looking for some building site worker who had probably had it away on his toes.The Only Game
Trends of 'worker'
View usage over:
'worker' in Other Languages
- Arabic: عَامِل
- Brazilian Portuguese: trabalhador trabalhadora
- Chinese: 工人
- Croatian: radnik
- Czech: pracovník pracovnice
- Danish: arbejder
- Dutch: arbeider
- European Spanish: trabajador trabajadora
- Finnish: työntekijä työläinen
- French: travailleur
- German: Arbeiter Arbeiterin
- Greek: εργαζόμενος εργαζόμενη
- Italian: lavoratore lavoratrice
- Japanese: 働く人
- Korean: 근로자
- Norwegian: arbeider
- Polish: pracownik pracownica
- Portuguese: trabalhador trabalhadora
- Romanian: muncitor muncitoare, muncitori, muncitoare
- Russian: работник работница
- Spanish: trabajador trabajadora
- Swedish: arbetare
- Thai: ผู้ทำงาน
- Turkish: işçi
- Ukrainian: працівник
- Vietnamese: công nhân
Translation of worker from the Collins English to Hindi Dictionary