Italian translation of 'bait'
- (also figurative)
escahe didn't rise to the bait (figurative)
non ha abboccato (all'amo)
munire di esca
- (torment, person, animal)
Example Sentences Including 'bait'
Seeing whether Lathan rises to the bait , whether he takes money - how much he tells them or doesn't tell them.Loaded Questions
She had provoked that curiosity, thrown down bait she knew he would follow.A Worm of Doubt
He glared at Malone as if the upstart inspector was trying to throw him a poisoned bait.Murder Song
Trends of 'bait'
View usage over:
'bait' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: iscar
- Chinese: 放饵
- European Spanish: poner el cebo en
- French: appâter
- German: mit einem Köder versehen
- Italian: mettere l'esca a
- Japanese: にえさをつける
- Korean: ~을 꾀다
- Portuguese: iscar
- Spanish: poner el cebo en
Translation of bait from the Collins English to Italian Dictionary