Italian translation of forbidden
Example Sentences Including 'forbidden'
They had no secrets, and quite openly discussed forbidden topics.Death of an Unknown Man
They lived in an Eden of the senses where the only forbidden fruit was borne of the tree of knowledge.Compulsion
His wife's desertion had embittered him, and her name was forbidden to be mentioned.The Ambassador's Women
Trends of 'forbidden'
View usage over:
Word forms: past tense forbad forbade, past participle forbidden
vietareto forbid sb sth
proibire qc a qnto forbid sb to do sth
proibire a qn di fare qc"smoking forbidden"
"vietato fumare"God forbid!
Dio non voglia!
Example Sentences Including 'forbid'
They do it all the time anyway without provocation heaven forbid I provoke them!Iced
Heaven forbid , Amy thought with a moment of savagery, that the hunger march should make any of us late for the hairdresser.The White Dove
They could fall ill --- God forbid --- or they could fail at school or drop out.RESCUING ROSE (2002)
'forbidden' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مـَمْنُوع
- Brazilian Portuguese: proibido proibida
- Chinese: 禁止的
- Croatian: zabranjen zabranjena
- Czech: zakázaný
- Danish: forbudt
- Dutch: verboden
- European Spanish: prohibido prohibida
- Finnish: kielletty
- French: interdit
- German: verboten
- Greek: απαγορευμένος απαγορευμένη
- Italian: vietato vietata
- Japanese: 禁じられた
- Korean: 금지된
- Norwegian: forbudt
- Polish: zakazany zakazana
- Portuguese: proibido proibida
- Romanian: interzis interzis, interzisă, interziși, interzise
- Russian: запрещенный запрещенная
- Spanish: prohibido prohibida
- Swedish: förbjuden förbjudet
- Thai: ไม่ได้รับอนุญาต
- Turkish: yasak
- Ukrainian: заборонений
- Vietnamese: bị cấm
Translation of forbidden from the Collins English to Italian Dictionary