Italian translation of 'half term'
Example Sentences Including 'half term'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Need a bit of a boost going back to school after half term?Times, Sunday Times (2010)
I'd probably be drinking cider and arguing with my wife about where we're spending half term.Times, Sunday Times (2008)
The alleged attack is said to have taken place in a park in broad daylight on October 27 during the school half term.The Sun (2009)
Trends of 'half term'
Used Rarely. half term is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'half term' in Other Languages
British English: half-term /ˈhɑːfˌtɜːm/ NOUN
Half-term is a short holiday in the middle of a school term.
There was no play school at half term, so I took them both to the cinema.
- American English: midterm vacation
- Arabic: عُطْلَة نِصْفُ الفَصْلِ الدَراسِيِّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: férias escolares
- Chinese: 期中假期
- Croatian: polugodište
- Czech: pololetní prázdniny
- Danish: skoleferie midt i året
- Dutch: korte vakantie
- European Spanish: mitad de trimestre
- Finnish: lukukauden puolivälissä oleva loma
- French: petites vacances
- German: Trimesterferien
- Greek: σχολικές διακοπές στη μέση της χρονιάς
- Italian: metà trimestre
- Japanese: 学期中の中間休暇
- Korean: 학기 중의 중간 방학
- Norwegian: skoleferie midt i terminen
- Polish: przerwa semestralna
- European Portuguese: férias escolares
- Romanian: vacanță la jumătatea semestrului
- Russian: короткие каникулы
- Spanish: mitad de trimestre
- Swedish: mitterminslov
- Thai: ครึ่งเทอม
- Turkish: yarıyıl tatili
- Ukrainian: короткі канікули
- Vietnamese: nghỉ giữa kỳ
Translation of half term from the Collins English to Italian Dictionary