Italian translation of 'justify'
- (behaviour, action) (also typography)
giustificareto be justified in doing sth
avere ragione di fare qcam I justified in thinking that ...?
mi sbaglio o...?
Example Sentences Including 'justify'
In short, I felt I could justify my ambition to travel upwards in the ecclesiastical hierarchy.Ultimate Prizes
It needed a credible threat in order to justify its massive expenditure.CHAMELEON (2002)
There must be something in your record to justify three stripes.Passion in the Peak
Trends of 'justify'
View usage over:
'justify' in Other Languages
- Arabic: يُبَرِّرُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: justificar
- Chinese: 论证
- Croatian: opravdati
- Czech: ospravedlnit ospravedlňovat
- Danish: retfærdiggøre
- Dutch: rechtvaardigen
- European Spanish: justificar
- Finnish: oikeuttaa
- French: justifier
- German: rechtfertigen
- Greek: δικαιολογώ
- Italian: giustificare
- Japanese: 正当化する
- Korean: 정당화하다
- Norwegian: rettferdiggjøre
- Polish: usprawiedliwić usprawiedliwiać
- Portuguese: justificar
- Romanian: a justifica
- Russian: обосновывать
- Spanish: justificar
- Swedish: motivera
- Thai: พิสูจน์ว่าถูกต้อง
- Turkish: haklılığını göstermek
- Ukrainian: виправдовувати виправдати
- Vietnamese: giải thích
Translation of justify from the Collins English to Italian Dictionary