Italian translation of 'limerick'
Example Sentences Including 'limerick'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
`And the answering limerick is: `Dear Sir, Your astonishment's odd.SUMMER OF SECRETS (2003)
Then hadn't it been Deeck, the phlegmatic militiaman who had taught her an English limerick ?DISPLACED PERSON (2003)
Trends of 'limerick'
Used Rarely. limerick is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'limerick' in Other Languages
British English: limerick NOUN
A limerick is a humorous poem which has five lines.
- American English: limerick
- Brazilian Portuguese: quintilha humorística
- Chinese: 五行打油诗
- European Spanish: quintilla humorística
- French: petit poème humoristique
- German: Limerick
- Italian: poesiola umoristica di cinque versi
- Japanese: こっけい詩
- Korean: 5행의 희시
- European Portuguese: quintilha humorística
- Latin American Spanish: quintilla humorística
Translation of limerick from the Collins English to Italian
Join the Collins Community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Unlock Italian with the Paul Noble method
The Paul Noble Method: no books, no rote memorization, no chance of failure. Start with the Complete Italian Beginner's course, then follow up with Next Steps Italian.