Italian translation of 'lock out'
transitive verb + adverb
chiudere fuorithe door slammed and I was locked out
la porta si è chiusa di colpo e sono rimasto chiuso fuorito lock workers out (industry)
fare una serrata
Example Sentences Including 'lock out'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Ray had to sit with his fingers pressed into his ears to lock out the sound.BARRACUDA 945 (2003)
Trends of 'lock out'
Used Rarely. lock out is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'lock out' in Other Languages
British English: lock out /lɒk aʊt/ VERB
If someone locks you out of a place, they prevent you entering it by locking the doors.
They had had a row, and she had locked him out of the apartment.
- American English: lock out
- Arabic: يَحْرِّمُ شَخْصَاً مِنَ الدّخُوْلِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: trancar do lado de fora
- Chinese: 关在外面
- Croatian: spriječiti ulazak zaključavanjem
- Czech: zamknout koho venku
- Danish: lukke ude
- Dutch: buitensluiten
- European Spanish: dejar fuera
- Finnish: lukita ulos
- French: enfermer dehors
- German: aussperren
- Greek: κλείνω έξω
- Italian: chiudere fuori
- Japanese: 締め出す
- Korean: (사람을) 쫓아내다
- Norwegian: låse ute
- Polish: zamknąć drzwi
- European Portuguese: trancar do lado de fora
- Romanian: a încuia afară
- Russian: запереть дверь и не впускать
- Latin American Spanish: dejar afuera al cerrar
- Swedish: låsa ute
- Thai: ปิดประตูทางเข้า
- Turkish: kapıyı kilitleyip içeri sokmamak
- Ukrainian: замкнути двері й не впускати
- Vietnamese: khóa cửa không cho vào
Translation of lock out from the Collins English to Italian
Join the Collins Community
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.
Unlock Italian with the Paul Noble method
The Paul Noble Method: no books, no rote memorization, no chance of failure. Start with the Complete Italian Beginner's course, then follow up with Next Steps Italian.