Portuguese translation of 'biodegradable'
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Video: pronunciation of 'biodegradable'
Example Sentences Including 'biodegradable'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Defra is also looking at whether it should ban metals, textiles and biodegradable waste from landfill too.Times, Sunday Times (2011)
I put a biodegradable compost bag in there, do my business, then chuck it over the side.Times, Sunday Times (2012)
It's made of biodegradable plastic and charged by natural and artificial light.The Sun (2010)
Q Can you buy sandwiches in biodegradable packaging?Times, Sunday Times (2006)
All bags to become biodegradable.Times, Sunday Times (2006)
If you don't eat the packaging, it can just be thrown away as it is all fully biodegradable.The Sun (2015)
They still remain active and are made of a biodegradable plastic which will not show on X-rays.The Sun (2012)
They use biodegradable carrier bags and use a firm that takes all their leftovers to make pet food.The Sun (2009)
Trends of 'biodegradable'
Used Occasionally. biodegradable is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'biodegradable' in Other Languages
British English: biodegradable /ˌbaɪəʊdɪˈɡreɪdəbl/ ADJECTIVE
Something that is biodegradable breaks down or decays naturally without any special scientific treatment, and can therefore be thrown away without causing pollution.
...a natural and totally biodegradable plastic.
- American English: biodegradable
- Arabic: قَابِلٌ لِلتَحَلُّل
- Brazilian Portuguese: biodegradável
- Chinese: 可生物分解
- Croatian: biorazgradiv
- Czech: biologicky odbouratelný
- Danish: biologisk nedbrydelig
- Dutch: biologisch afbreekbaar
- European Spanish: biodegradable
- Finnish: luonnossa hajoava
- French: biodégradable
- German: biologisch abbaubar
- Greek: βιοδιασπώμενος
- Italian: biodegradabile
- Japanese: 生物分解性の
- Korean: 생분해성의
- Norwegian: biologisk nedbrytbar
- Polish: ulegający biodegradacji
- European Portuguese: biodegradável
- Romanian: biodegradabil
- Russian: поддающийся биологическому разложению
- Spanish: biodegradable
- Swedish: bilogiskt nedbrytbar
- Thai: ย่อยสลายได้ตามธรรมชาติ
- Turkish: biyo-çözünür
- Ukrainian: біорозкладний
- Vietnamese: có thể phân hủy vi sinh
Translation of biodegradable from the Collins English to Portuguese Dictionary