Portuguese translation of 'cross-examine'
2. (law) reperguntar
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Video: pronunciation of 'cross-examine'
Example Sentences Including 'cross-examine'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
"You mean, where the other side can cross-examine me," Broker said, mock-serious.ABSOLUTE ZERO (2002)
Trends of 'cross-examine'
Used Rarely. cross-examine is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'cross-examine' in Other Languages
British English: cross-examine VERB
When a lawyer cross-examines someone during a trial or hearing, he or she questions them about the evidence that they have already given.
The accused's lawyers will get a chance to cross-examine him.
- American English: cross-examine
- Brazilian Portuguese: interrogar
- Chinese: 盘问 >已提供证词的证人
- European Spanish: interrogar
- French: faire subir un contre-interrogatoire à
- German: ins Kreuzverhör nehmen
- Italian: sottoporre a controinterrogatorio
- Japanese: 反対尋問する
- Korean: 반대 심문하다
- European Portuguese: interrogar
- Spanish: interrogar
Translation of cross-examine from the Collins English to Portuguese Dictionary