Portuguese translation of 'lie-in '
to have a lie-in dormir até tarde
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'lie-in '
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
`I have a lie-in on Wednesdays," she explained, `usually until eleven when I go off to see my mother.THE BOOK LADY (2005)
Trends of 'lie-in '
In Common Usage. lie-in is one of the 10000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'lie-in ' in Other Languages
British English: lie-in /ˈlaɪɪn/ NOUN
If you have a lie-in, you rest by staying in bed later than usual in the morning.
I have a lie-in on Sundays.
- American English: late sleep
- Arabic: الرُقَاْدُ فِي الْسَرِيرِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: permanência até tarde na cama
- Chinese: 懒觉
- Croatian: izležavanje
- Czech: lenošení v posteli
- Danish: sove længe
- Dutch: uitslapen
- European Spanish: quedarse en cama
- Finnish: aamulla pitkään nukkuminen
- French: grasse matinée
- German: Ausschlafen
- Greek: χουζούρεμα
- Italian: restare a letto
- Japanese: 朝寝坊
- Korean: 늦잠
- Norwegian: ligge lenge
- Polish: poranne dłuższe leżenie w łóżku
- European Portuguese: permanência até tarde na cama
- Romanian: lenevire în patdimineața
- Russian: лежание в постели
- Spanish: quedarse en cama
- Swedish: sovmorgon
- Thai: การนอนตื่นสายในตอนเช้า
- Turkish: sabahleyin geç vakte kadar yatmak
- Ukrainian: n вилежування
- Vietnamese: sự ngủ nướng
Translation of lie-in from the Collins English to Portuguese Dictionary