Portuguese translation of 'off-licence '
nounUma off-licence vende bebidas alcóolicas e também se pode comprar bebidas não-alcoólicas, cigarros, batatas fritas, balas, chocolates etc.
(shop) loja de bebidas alcoólicas
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Image of 'off-licence '
© Iakov Filimonov, shutterstock
Example Sentences Including 'off-licence '
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
More than a hundred wine producers, brewers and drinks distributors stand to lose millions of pounds under a proposed company voluntary arrangement at the off-licence chain.Times, Sunday Times (2011)
The future of one of the last remaining independent off-licence chains was in the balance after it emerged that restructuring specialists have been called into Oddbins.Times, Sunday Times (2011)
So he returned to his home town and worked for the off-licence chain Oddbins.Times, Sunday Times (2013)
Taking pot luck at the corner shop or off-licence is asking for a dud.Times, Sunday Times (2012)
Twelve pounds is what my local off-licence charges for a whole bottle of petit chablis.Times, Sunday Times (2011)
An employee had to be sent out to a local off-licence.Times, Sunday Times (2015)
He tried for 20 minutes before staggering off to a local off-licence to buy a bottle of whisky.The Sun (2008)
IT'S a bad sign when the local off-licence owner turns up at your flat looking to renew his stock.The Sun (2013)
She should be careful or her local off-licence will soon be asking for a cut of her earnings.The Sun (2011)
Trends of 'off-licence '
Used Rarely. off-licence is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'off-licence ' in Other Languages
British English: off-licence /ˈɒfˌlaɪsəns/ NOUN
An off-licence is a shop which sells alcoholic drinks.
- American English: liquor store
- Arabic: مَحَلٌ يُبِيعُ الـخُمُورِ لِتَنَاوُلِهَا خَارِجَ الـمَحَلِّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: loja de bebidas alcoólicas
- Chinese: 酒品专卖店
- Croatian: trgovina koja prodaje alkohol
- Czech: alkoholické nápoje obchod
- Danish: vin- og spiritusforretning
- Dutch: slijterij
- European Spanish: tienda de vinos y licores
- Finnish: alkoholiliike
- French: débit de boissons
- German: Wein- und Spirituosenhandlung
- Greek: κατάστημα πώλησης οινοπνευματωδών ποτών
- Italian: negozio di alcolici
- Japanese: 酒類販売免許
- Korean: 주류판매 면허
- Norwegian: vin- og brennevinsbutikk
- Polish: koncesja alkoholowa
- European Portuguese: loja de bebidas alcoólicas
- Romanian: local unde se vând băuturi pentru acasă
- Russian: разрешение на продажу спиртного навынос
- Spanish: tienda de vinos y licores
- Swedish: vin- och spritbutik
- Thai: ร้านขายสุรา
- Turkish: içki satan dükkan
- Ukrainian: бар, де дозволено продавати спиртні напої на виніс
- Vietnamese: cửa hàng rượu
Translation of off-licence from the Collins English to Portuguese Dictionary