Portuguese translation of 'pile-up'
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'pile-up'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
'Avril Reynolds, well-known on the Birmingham club circuit, was one of three killed in a pile-up in fog on the Mó.MR STARLIGHT (2004)
The previous November the entire Hotchkiss family had been involved in a freeway pile-up.THE GREAT AND SECRET SHOW (2004)
Trends of 'pile-up'
Used Occasionally. pile-up is one of the 30000 most commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'pile-up' in Other Languages
British English: pile-up /ˈpaɪlʌp/ NOUN
A pile-up is a road accident in which a lot of vehicles crash into each other.
...a 54-car pile-up.
- American English: pileup
- Arabic: إِصْطِدَام
- Brazilian Portuguese: engavetamento tráfego
- Chinese: 数辆车同时碰撞事件
- Croatian: lančani sudar
- Czech: hromadná srážka
- Danish: harmonikasammenstød
- Dutch: kettingbotsing
- European Spanish: choque en cadena
- Finnish: ketjukolari
- French: carambolage
- German: Massenkarambolage
- Greek: καραμπόλα
- Italian: tamponamento a catena
- Japanese: 山積み
- Korean: 연쇄 충돌
- Norwegian: opphopning
- Polish: nagromadzenie
- European Portuguese: choque em cadeia tráfego
- Romanian: accident în lanț
- Russian: массовая автокатастрофа
- Spanish: choque en cadena
- Swedish: seriekrock
- Thai: รถชนกันหลายคัน
- Turkish: yığılmak
- Ukrainian: велика аварія
- Vietnamese: tai nạn liên hoàn
Translation of pile-up from the Collins English to Portuguese Dictionary