Portuguese translation of 'runway'
pista (de decolagem or de pouso)
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Image of 'runway'
© muratart, shutterstock
Example Sentences Including 'runway'
The long runway of polished oak extending from the front of the stage into the room.Doubting Thomas
The Tunis Air jet had slowed and was turning off the runway onto a taxiway.Skorpion's Death
The ambulance screeched to a halt and two smoke grenades were hurled out on to the runway.Code Breaker
Trends of 'runway'
View usage over:
'runway' in Other Languages
- Arabic: مَدْرَجٌ للطَائِرات
- Brazilian Portuguese: pista pouso e decolagem
- Chinese: 跑道
- Croatian: pista
- Czech: ranvej
- Danish: landingsbane
- Dutch: landingsbaan
- European Spanish: pista de aterrizaje
- Finnish: kiitorata
- French: piste aviation
- German: Landebahn
- Greek: διάδρομος προσγείωσης και απογείωσης
- Italian: pista
- Japanese: 滑走路
- Korean: 활주로
- Norwegian: rullebane
- Polish: bieżnia
- Portuguese: pista aterragem e descolagem
- Romanian: pistă piste
- Russian: взлетно-посадочная полоса
- Spanish: pista
- Swedish: landningsbana
- Thai: ลานบิน
- Turkish: uçak pisti
- Ukrainian: злітно-посадкова смуга
- Vietnamese: đường băng
Translation of runway from the Collins English to Portuguese Dictionary