Portuguese translation of 'scapegoat'
bode m expiatório
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'scapegoat'
I don't know why I held that back; maybe I was worried about her being the obvious scapegoat , even to a supposedly new man like Bill.DEAD BEAT (2002)
Only the ones who had betrayed her: whose whole instinct seemed to be to use her as a scapegoat.Splitting
I'm afraid they're going to use my boy as a scapegoat for her killing.Snowjob
Trends of 'scapegoat'
View usage over:
'scapegoat' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: tomar como bode expiatório
- Chinese: 找...当替罪羊
- European Spanish: acusar injustamente
- French: faire un bouc émissaire de
- German: zum Sündenbock machen
- Italian: biasimare ingiustamente
- Japanese: スケープゴートにする
- Korean: 죄를 뒤집어 씌우다
- Portuguese: tomar como bode expiatório
- Spanish: acusar injustamente
Translation of scapegoat from the Collins English to Portuguese Dictionary