Portuguese translation of 'slip road '
(to motorway) entrada para a rodovia
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'slip road '
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
MORE than 40 schoolchildren had to scramble to safety after their coach burst into flames on a motorway slip road.The Sun (2015)
The car overturned as it came off a slip road on the main M1 motorway through the centre of Johannesburg shortly after midnight.Times, Sunday Times (2010)
Trends of 'slip road '
Used Rarely. slip road is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'slip road ' in Other Languages
British English: slip road /slɪp rəʊd/ NOUN
A slip road is a road which cars use to drive on and off a motorway.
- American English: highway ramp
- Arabic: طَرِيقٌ مَتَصِلٌ بِطَرِيقٍ سَرِيعٍ لِلسَّيَارَاتِ أَوْ مُنْفَصِلٌ عَنْهُ
- Brazilian Portuguese: entrada para a rodovia
- Chinese: 高速公路会交点
- Croatian: prilazna cesta
- Czech: nájezd na dálnici
- Danish: frakørselsvej
- Dutch: oprit
- European Spanish: vía de acceso
- Finnish: liittymätie
- French: bretelle route
- German: Zufahrtsstraße
- Greek: σοκάκι
- Italian: bretella
- Japanese: 高速道路の進入退出路
- Korean: 램프
- Norwegian: avkjørsel
- Polish: podjazd
- European Portuguese: entrada para a rodovia
- Romanian: banda de accelerare/decelerare
- Russian: съезд с автомагистрали
- Spanish: vía de acceso
- Swedish: på-/avfartsväg till motorväg
- Thai: ถนนเชื่อมทางหลวง
- Turkish: bağlantı yolu
- Ukrainian: виїзд на трасу
- Vietnamese: đoạn đường nối
Translation of slip road from the Collins English to Portuguese Dictionary