Portuguese translation of 'stepsister'
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'stepsister'
These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more…
Augusta had slipped out earlier; Alathea glimpsed her littlest stepsister heading out to the garden, her hand in Miss Helm's.WHOLE SECRET LOVE (2001)
Every few years she would breeze in, introduce us to our latest stepbrother or stepsister, then vanish again for years at a time.TREASON KEEP (2001)
Trends of 'stepsister'
Used Rarely. stepsister is in the lower 50% of commonly used words in the Collins dictionary
View usage for:
'stepsister' in Other Languages
British English: stepsister /ˈstɛpˌsɪstə/ NOUN
Someone's stepsister is the daughter of their stepfather or stepmother.
- American English: stepsister
- Arabic: أُخْتٌ مِنْ زَوْجَةُ الأَبِ أَو زَوْجُ الأُمِّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: irmã adotiva
- Chinese: 继姐继妹
- Croatian: polusestra
- Czech: nevlastní dcera
- Danish: stedsøster
- Dutch: stiefzus
- European Spanish: hermanastra
- Finnish: sisarpuoli
- French: demi-sœur
- German: Stiefschwester
- Greek: ετεροθαλής αδερφή
- Italian: sorellastra
- Japanese: 継姉妹
- Korean: 의붓자매
- Norwegian: stesøster
- Polish: siostra przyrodnia
- European Portuguese: irmã adotiva
- Romanian: soră vitregă
- Russian: сводная сестра
- Spanish: hermanastra
- Swedish: styvsyster
- Thai: พี่สาวน้องสาวต่างบิดา
- Turkish: üvey kız kardeş
- Ukrainian: зведена сестра
- Vietnamese: chị em gái cùng mẹ same mother, different father
Translation of stepsister from the Collins English to Portuguese Dictionary