Portuguese translation of truant
truant [ˈtruənt] (Britain)
to play truant matar aula (BR), fazer gazeta (PT)
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'truant'
There was an added dimension to the intimacy with the noise outside of people having a day while we played truant in bed.BLOOD IS DIRT (2002)
Watching a solitary Volvo backing out neatly - surely not someone playing truant ?To His Just Desserts
"Because he's a truant Prince," yawned Mogget, walking up and stretching on his back paws to look ahead.LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR (2001)
Trends of 'truant'
View usage over:
'truant' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: aluno que mata aulas
- Chinese: 逃学者
- European Spanish: estudiante que se ausenta de clase sin autorización
- French: élève absentéiste
- German: Schulschwänzer Schulschwänzerin
- Italian: chi marina la scuola
- Japanese: 無断欠席者
- Korean: 무단결석생
- Portuguese: aluno que falta às aulas
- Spanish: estudiante que se ausenta de clase sin autorización
Translation of truant from the Collins English to Portuguese Dictionary