Portuguese translation of would
1 (conditional tense)
if you asked him, he would do it se você pedisse, ele faria isto
if you had asked him, he would have done it se você tivesse pedido, ele teria feito isto
2 (in offers, invitations, requests)
would you like a biscuit? você quer um biscoito?
would you ask him to come in? pode pedir a ele para entrar?
would you close the door, please? quer fechar a porta por favor?
3 (in indirect speech)
I said I would do it eu disse que eu faria isto
he asked me if I would go with him ele me perguntou se eu iria com ele
it WOULD have to snow today! tinha que nevar logo hoje!
you WOULD say that, wouldn't you? é lógico que você vai dizer isso
she wouldn't behave não houve jeito dela se comportar
it would have been midnight devia ser meia-noite
it would seem so parece que sim
7 (indicating habit)
he would go on Mondays costumava ir nas segundas-feiras
Copyright © 2014 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Example Sentences Including 'would'
I would n't do anything to harm my relationship with Marianne.THE EXECUTION (2002)
She would be surprised to find that the man wasn't at the bedsit.THE EXECUTION (2002)
My writing a letter to him wouldn't make it any more likely that his sentence would be commuted.THE EXECUTION (2002)
Trends of 'would'
View usage over:
'would' in Other Languages
- Arabic: سَوْفَ
- Brazilian Portuguese: verbo usado para exprimir possibilidade
- Chinese: 将会做
- Croatian: željeti
- Czech: bude budoubudoucí čas v minulosti
- Danish: ville
- Dutch: zou(den)
- European Spanish: verbo auxiliar de condicional
- Finnish: -isitul[isi]
- French: conditionnel
- German: würde
- Greek: θα
- Italian: auxiliary verb for conditional mood
- Japanese: ･･･するつもりだ
- Korean: ~할 것이다
- Norwegian: skal
- Polish: nie tłumaczy się na język polski; służy do tworzenia trybu warunkowego
- Portuguese: pretérito de will
- Romanian: arse folosește pt. formarea cond. prez. [v. aux., pret. și cond. prez. de la will]
- Russian: согласиться
- Spanish: hacer en condicional
- Swedish: skulle
- Thai: อยากจะ
- Turkish: ecek, acak
- Ukrainian: допоміжне дієслово для утворення майбутнього в минулому
- Vietnamese: đồng ý sẽ
Translation of would from the Collins English to Portuguese Dictionary