Spanish translation of 'ravenous'
- (= starving)
⇒ I'm ravenous!
¡me comería un toro!
⇒ he was ravenous
tenía un hambre canina
- (= voracious)
Example Sentences Including 'ravenous'
He leaned back against the galley bulkhead, spooning mouthfuls of jam, munching on Graham crackers, ravenous.Cormorant
Sheer excitement and a ravenous greed ignited an appetite so overpowering that all civilized behaviour was suspended.Ultimate Prizes
Stella, who hadn't been hungry for a week, was suddenly ravenous.JUST BETWEEN US (2002)
Trends of 'ravenous'
View usage over:
'ravenous' in Other Languages
- Arabic: جائع
- Brazilian Portuguese: morto de fome morta
- Chinese: 贪婪的
- Croatian: proždrljiv proždrljiva
- Czech: vyhladovělý
- Danish: hundesulten
- Dutch: uitgehongerd
- European Spanish: hambriento hambrientavoraz
- Finnish: tosi nälkäinen
- French: vorace
- German: heißhungrig
- Greek: λιμασμένος λιμασμένη
- Italian: affamato affamata
- Japanese: 飢えた
- Korean: 몹시 굶주린
- Norwegian: skrubbsulten
- Polish: żarłoczny żarłoczna
- Portuguese: morto de fome morta
- Romanian: lihnit lihnit, lihnită, lihniți, lihnite
- Russian: прожорливый прожорливая
- Spanish: hambriento hambrienta
- Swedish: jättehungrig jättehungrigt
- Thai: ซึ่งตะกละมาก
- Turkish: kurt gibi aç
- Ukrainian: зголоднілий
- Vietnamese: rất đói
Translation of ravenous from the Collins English to Spanish Dictionary