Spanish translation of 'slur'
- (= stigma)
⇒ to cast a slur on sb
manchar la reputación de algn
⇒ it is no slur on him to say that ...
no es hacer un reparo a él decir que ...,
no es baldonarle decir que ...
- [word etc]
Example Sentences Including 'slur'
We are on the brink of civil war, and all you're worried about is a malicious slur on my wife's character.A Song at Twilight
`It's an interesting point,' I say, trying not to slur my words.LOVE YOU MADLY (2002)
He resented the slur on his professionalism, even though the Governor hadn't seemed too worried.Death Speaks Softly
Trends of 'slur'
View usage over:
'slur' in Other Languages
- Brazilian Portuguese: falar arrastado
- Chinese: 含糊地念
- European Spanish: arrastrar las palabras
- French: mal articuler
- German: schleppend sprechen
- Italian: strascicare
- Japanese: 不明瞭に話す
- Korean: >불분명하게 말하다보통은 술이 취하거나 아파서
- Portuguese: falar vagarosamente
- Spanish: arrastrar las palabras
Translation of slur from the Collins English to Spanish Dictionary