Synonyms of bite the dust
bite the dust (informal)
▷ See dust
• Her first marriage bit the dust because of irreconcilable differences.
• He was afraid the revolution they had started would fail.
• The film flopped badly at the box office.
• The deal fell through.
• The talks have foundered.
come to nothing
fizzle out (informal)
come to grief
• So many marriages have come to grief over lack of money.
come a cropper (informal)
go up in smoke
go belly-up (slang)
come to naught
not make the grade (informal)
meet with disaster
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
come to grief
• His mother died when he was a child.
pass awaydepartexpireperishbuy it (US, slang)check out (US, slang)kick it (slang)croak (slang)give up the ghostgo belly-up (slang)snuff it (slang)peg out (informal)kick the bucket (slang)buy the farm (US, slang)peg it (informal)deceasecark it (Australian, New Zealand, slang)pop your clogs (informal)breathe your lasthop the twig (slang)
• He expired in excruciating agony.
diedeceasedepartbuy it (US, slang)check out (US, slang)perishkick it (slang)croak (slang)go belly-up (slang)snuff it (informal)peg out (informal)kick the bucket (informal)peg it (informal)depart this lifemeet your makercark it (Australian, New Zealand, slang)pop your clogs (informal)pass away or on
Thesaurus for bite the dust from the Collins English Thesaurus