Synonyms of budget
• Cheap flights are available from budget travel agents.
• a budget price
• a huge variety of good inexpensive restaurants
• His fees were quite reasonable.
• a shop selling cut-price videos and CDs
• It is more economical to wash a full load.
QUOTATION:Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pound ought and six, result misery – David Copperfield]
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
allocateIf one item or share of something is allocated to a particular person or for a particular purpose, it is given to that person or used for that purpose.
• Tickets will be allocated to those who apply first.
assigngrantdistributedesignateset asideearmarkgive outconsignallowbudgetallotmeteshare outapportionappropriate
allocationAn allocation is an amount of something, especially money, that is given to a particular person or used for a particular purpose.
• During rationing we had a sugar allocation.
allowanceAn allowance is money that is given to someone, usually on a regular basis, in order to help them pay for the things that they need.
• He lives on an allowance of £70 a week.
Thesaurus for budget from the Collins English Thesaurus