Synonyms of butt in
▷ See butt
• Nobody asked you to butt in.
• Stop interfering and leave me alone!
• Do scientists have a right to meddle in these matters?
• He kept intruding with personal questions.
barge in (informal)
stick your nose in
put your oar in
• Could I just butt in here and say something?
• `Sorry to interrupt, Colonel.'
• 'That's not true,' the duchess cut in suddenly.
• Suddenly, O'Leary broke in with a suggestion.
chip in (informal)
• He chipped in, 'That's right,' before she could answer.
put your two cents in (US, slang)
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
Thesaurus for butt in from the Collins English Thesaurus