Synonyms of coat
• Vitamin B6 is great for improving the condition of dogs' and horses' coats.
• The creature's fur is short and dense.
• That was real crocodile skin.
• the process of tanning animal hides
• These shawls are made from the wool of mountain goats.
• a blanket of lamb's fleece
• mink which had been bred for their pelts
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
coatingA coating of a substance is a thin layer of it spread over a surface.
• We put on the second coating of lacquer.
• She was soaking wet and covered with mud.
coveringA covering is a layer of something that protects or hides something else.
• Sawdust was used as a hygienic floor covering.
Thesaurus for coat from the Collins English Thesaurus