Synonyms of conscious
1 aware of
• She was very conscious of Max studying her.often with of
• They are well aware of the dangers.
wise to (slang)
• Consumers are becoming wise to the tricks of the marketing trade.
clued-up on (informal)
• Make a conscious effort to relax your muscles.
• The attack was deliberate and unprovoked.
• a studied understatement
• a calculated strategy for winning power
• I can't blame him. It wasn't intentional.
• Wilful neglect of the environment has caused this problem.
• a case of premeditated murder
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
aliveIf you say that someone seems alive, you mean that they seem to be very lively and to enjoy everything that they do.
• I never expected to feel so alive in my life again.
livelyspiritedactivevitalalerteagerquickawakevigorouscheerfulenergeticanimatedbriskagileperkychirpy (informal)sprightlyvivaciousfull of lifespryfull of beans (informal)zestful
awakeSomeone who is awake is not sleeping.
• I don't stay awake at night worrying about that.
not sleepingsleeplesswide-awakeawarewakingconsciousarousedawakenedrestlessrestivewakefulbright-eyed and bushy-tailed
Thesaurus for conscious from the Collins English Thesaurus