Synonyms of excursion
• We also recommend a full day excursion to the Upper Douro.
• On the Thursday we went out on a day trip.
• week five of my tour of European cities
• a journey from Manchester to Plymouth
• families on a Sunday afternoon outing
• We went on a shopping expedition.
• an hour's ramble through the woods
• I decided to take a jaunt down to Long Beach.
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
detourIf you make a detour on a journey, you go by a route which is not the shortest way, because you want to avoid something such as a traffic jam, or because there is something you want to do on the way.
• He made a detour around the outskirts of the city.
deviationDeviation means doing something that is different from what people consider to be normal or acceptable.
• Deviation from the norm is not tolerated.
• the text is full of digressions
Thesaurus for excursion from the Collins English Thesaurus