Synonyms of lane
• a quiet country lane
• There was very little traffic on the roads.
• a small, quaint town with narrow streets
• We set off once more, over a rough mountain track.
• We followed the path along the clifftops.
• a busy commercial strip in North Dallas
• He came round the back way.
• He spotted someone lurking in the passage between the two houses.
• He was following a broad trail through the trees.
• an underground passageway that connects the two buildings
• a busy thoroughfare
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
aisleAn aisle is a long narrow gap that people can walk along between rows of seats in a public building such as a church or between rows of shelves in a supermarket.
• the frozen food aisle
alleyAn alley is a narrow passage or street with buildings or walls on both sides.
• He dragged her into an alley and tied her up.
• We'll be lodging a complaint through the official channels.
Thesaurus for lane from the Collins English Thesaurus