Synonyms of on the run
on the run
▷ See run
• The four men still on the run are Rule 43 prisoners.
• There is no confirmation that he is at liberty.
on the loose
• A man-eating lion is on the loose.
on the lam (US, Canadian, slang)
2 in retreat
• I knew I had him on the run.
Copyright © 2016 by HarperCollins Publishers. All rights reserved.
• I decided that nothing should be done hastily.
hurriedlyrashlyprecipitatelyrecklesslytoo quicklyon the spur of the momentimpulsivelyimpetuouslyheedlessly
• students hurriedly taking notes
Thesaurus for on the run from the Collins English Thesaurus